How to stop depression?
Also see how to stop depression in 1 week here.
Depression can be a short-term “downer” or long-term clinical depression lasting months.
But, long or short, for most of us, learning how to naturally overcome depression and anxiety is not only possible, it’s a simple process.
And since antidepressants are the most commonly prescribed drug in the U.S., knowing how to overcome depression naturally is clearly vital.
Steps on how to stop depression
- You have to become aware of your feelings, specifically what is making you sad and why you are sad? This is the most vital step on how to stop depression
- Being sad has to feel so uncomfortable to you, that you want to change it and will make every effort to pull yourself out of it. If you are not motivated to release your sadness, you won’t. You have to want to let go.
- Making small changes helps you to keep them. You might wonder why it helps in the whole “how to stop depression” thing. As the saying goes, small changes, giant gains. Look at all the big New Year’s Resolutions we don’t keep. Instead we should call them New Year’s Evolutions. Compliment yourself frequently for keeping up the good work.
- Work out with a friend. Sometimes we need an angel to take us by the hand and lead us to the promised land of health and fitness. This buddy reminds us everyday how to stop depression. Working out with a buddy also becomes a social and positive experience. Often we are depressed because we feel lonely. Exercising with a friend provides a healthy bond. If you don’t have a friend to exercise with, go to the gym. You will meet people in classes and make friends; many people form close ties when they sweat together.
- Sign up for exercise classes in a gym or community center. For example, aerobics, spinning, interval training, body-sculpting, yoga, pilates and belly dancing. Just signing up for a class, like scheduling an appointment with a doctor, makes you feel better! Also, a class is more effective than a tread mill or stationary bicycle, as you need to tap into group energy. The pulsating music works to excite and keep you moving. Keeping you busy and productive is your goal in how to stop depression.
- Lift all the blinds in the house and let the light shine in to help brighten you up. Because we are all different and require different triggers, if the exercise class suggestions do not work for you, then put on your sneakers and walk out the door. The sunlight will energize you. A brisk walk will de-stress and cheer you up. Aim for a twenty minute walk and each time try to pick up the pace. To make it exciting walk briskly for five minutes. Then slow down and walk at a relaxed pace for two minutes. Again, pick up the pace for five minutes, and stroll for two minutes. Continue the cycle. Varying the intervals kicks up the body and your mood, keeping you interested, alert and involved in the switches. When this becomes habitual, pump your arms and sprint for a minute as an interval. Before you know it, you might be jogging and developing a runner’s high!
- Buy a new pair of sneakers, fitness clothes, or a workout audio/video. This can help you to get into the exercise groove. Remember how you felt anxious before the first day of school? Your mother bought you some new clothes along with a new book bag, pencil case, lunch box- well you get the idea.
- Stick up motivating quotes all over your home, especially on the refrigerator. Play motivating music, perhaps the theme song from Rocky.
Now come the 2015 treatment on how to stop depression
Research shows that more than 80% of people with depression could really get better with appropriate treatment, have you heard about the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT? This is now by far the best natural to beat depression fast and effective. Put aside the expensive counseling and antidepressant medications.
Find out more on this Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Treatment here.
JOSS The Critic
Incoming search terms:
- stop depression
- how to stop depression